New call for Coronavirus research launched on 19 May 2020 with €122 million of additional funding (deadline 11 June 2020)2 Jun, 2020
The European Commission has mobilised an additional €122 million from its research and innovation programme, Horizon 2020, for urgently needed research into the coronavirus. The call addresses the following topics.
- Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment
- Medical technologies, Digital tools and Artificial Intelligence (AI) analytics to improve surveillance and care at high Technology Readiness Levels (TRL)
- Behavioural, social and economic impacts of the outbreak response
- Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts
- Networking of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19